Many chaplains are the only paid professional chaplains on the staff of their institution. An important benefit Chaplain Partnership offers to the chaplains it employs is the opportunity to gather regularly with other professional chaplains. Our chaplains value the continuing education provided by Chaplain Partnership because it is challenging to find applicable and affordable offerings.
The Chaplain Partnership chaplains meet once a month between September and April for a continuing education presentation, resource sharing, and personal support. A one-day retreat focusing on self-care and wellness is held in September of each year.
Programs qualify for continuing education hours for board certification or recertification through the Association of Professional Chaplains and the National Association of Catholic Chaplains. A committee of chaplains plans the programs. The presentations offered by Chaplain Partnership cover a wide range of topics:
- Patient Experience, Here We Go Again!
- Ethical Wills
- Recruiting and Supporting Volunteers
- The Ethics of Healthcare Reform
- Understanding the Hindu Perspective for a More Inclusive Spiritual Care
- Staying Sane in Difficult Times
- Including and Advocating for People with Disabilities
- Evolutionary Healthcare: The Holistic Care Experience
- An Introduction to Islam
- An Introduction to the Enneagram